- Live Dealer
- Mobile Version
- Side Bets
- Progresive Jackpots
- Bonus Games
- Game Type
- Min Bet
- Max Bet
- House Edge
Premium Blackjack Introduction
In many ways Premium Blackjack is similar to other versions of the game. The main difference is that typically only four 52-card decks are used. Blackjack players love it, not just because of the range of strategies that can be brought into play but its distinctive approach allows them to add another layer of expertise to their overall Blackjack experience. The game is available in both single player and multi-player versions.
Basic Rules and Betting Limits
In a Premium Blackjack game the object is to get closer to 21 than the dealer, without going over.
As in all versions of the game, Premium Blackjack rules may vary depending on house style and the software used.
A Playtech driven site may, for example, offers:
- Turbo mode – which speeds up the play
- Betting ranges of $1 to $500
- Bonus bets including Dealer’s Pair and Player’s Pair
- Further bonus betting options
In some games the minimum and maximum levels of betting are dictated by your VIP rating.
- Aces count as either 1 or 11 depending which is most beneficial.
- Kings, Queens and Jacks count as 10.
- Number cards 2-10 retain their face value.
- The different suits don’t matter.
If the cards you are dealt total more than 21, you are ‘bust’ regardless of the dealer’s hand. If the dealer is bust you win the hand.
How to Play Premium Blackjack
To get started just click Deal. If you make a mistake or change your mind just click Clear Bets to remove all your bets from the table. Undo removes just the last bet from the table.
Both dealer and player get two cards. The player’s cards are dealt face up and the dealer has one hidden and the other face up. Players can then Hit or Stand. To Hit is to call for another card from the dealer – you can continue Hitting until you are content with your hand. To Stand is to be satisfied with your hand.
In some UK online casinos you can play up to five hands with a different bet on each hand. In this scenario the action on each hand is dealt with separately, working from the right.
- Dealers do not receive a hole card.
- Dealers must hit on all totals of 16 or under and stand on all hands of 17.
A hard hand is one that does not include an ace. A soft hand does contain an ace.
Types of Bets Which can be Placed in Premium Blackjack
- Split – If the first two cards drawn are equal you can split to create two hands for a further bet of the same amount. Should you wish you can split twice for a total of three hands. Aces can be re-split once and receive one card on each split.
- Double Down – This gives the opportunity, in some circumstances, to double your bet
- Insurance – An Insurance bet is a side bet gamble that the dealer will get a Blackjack.
- Perfect Pair – This is a side bet which means that your or the dealer’s first two cards are a pair of the same suit. For example two of the 8 of clubs. Colored Pairs and Red/Black pairs also come into play.
- 21+3 – This is an optional side bet based on the player’s two cards and the dealer’s up card.
- 10 Card Charlie – Although the odds against it are high, it is possible to draw 10 cards without going bust. This hand automatically wins except when the dealer has Blackjack. It also works on a split hand.
- Surrender – Surrender is not normally offered in Premium Blackjack
- Blackjack pays 3:2
- Insurance bets pay 2:1.
- Standard wins pay 1:1
- Perfect Pair 3:2
- Coloured Pair 12:1
- Red/Black Pair 6:1
- All ties push
Best Places to Play Premium Blackjack Online
Premium Blackjack is always popular because of the range of strategies and side bets on offer and most casinos will run this version of the game. Although there is plenty of market choice, it’s always worthwhile doing some research to find the casino that’s best for you. These areas are particularly important:
- best new player promotions
- site reputation
- site security
- customer service reviews
- speed of payout.
Summary of Premium Blackjack
Premium Blackjack games have one of the lowest house edges and the basic rules are easy to pick up although it does take a little time to learn some of the strategies. Once up to speed it becomes, for the player, a fascinating and exciting game and of course with skill and a slice of luck, potentially more profitable.
If you’re looking for some experience before you put your chips on the table or just want some fun check out one of the play free Premium Blackjack options on offer from most casinos.
Most Premium Blackjack casino games can be played on PC, Android device and iPad and iPhone.
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) is 99.58%. This percentage will decrease when side bets are included in the equation.