- Jackpot Win
- Scatter SymbolYes
- Wild SymbolYes
- Quick SpinYes
- Bet Value1.00-50
- Max Bet2,000
Ethereal music, a handsome prince, a red rose, a pink Pegasus, snow-white doves… and a Golden Goddess of course, with delectably bouncy golden curls. This IGT slot, designed by High 5 games, is magical, a bit Disney, very romantic and a little bit bijou (in a good way of course). You may have seen this slot on the video terminals and FOBTs of casino and shop, now get acquainted with the Mount Olympus soap opera from the comfort of your very own chaise lounge.
Golden Goddess Background
So, who is the Golden Goddess? The slot never states definitively who the Golden Goddess is, but given the Mount Olympus vista and the acropolis-like building at the peak where the twelve Olympian gods lived, it’s pretty safe to assume she’s Greek. So, given that, who are the real contenders for Golden Goddess?
• Athena – Goddess of War. Known as Minerva in Roman mythology. A fighter and goddess of heroism. Patron of Athens. A virgin. Golden goddess a bit too sensual?
• Artemis – Goddess of the moon, hills and the hunt. Diana in Roman mythology. Daughter of Demeter and sister of Apollo. As a goddess, she was associated with womanhood. Golden Goddess an archetypal feminist?
• Aphrodite – Goddess of love, beauty and fertility. Venus in Roman mythology. The other gods often thought that her beauty would cause division and conflict in ancient Greece. Golden Goddess the original beauty queen?
• Hera – Queen of the Olympian Gods. Juno in Roman mythology. Married to Zeus and wildly jealous and vengeful against his co-lovers and anyone she came across in general. Not quite golden goddess material you would think…
• Demeter – Queen of the harvest and the cycle of life and death (big job). Ceres in Roman mythology. “Sito” – Queen of the Grain. Also a big job, but not quite famous enough to be the Golden Goddess?
Conclusion: rather than speculating further, perhaps we should think of the Golden Goddess as more of an amalgam, or Frankenstein’s monster, of all of them. Aphrodite’s beauty, Artemis’s womanliness, Athena’s bravery, Hera’s explosive temper… so there’s no real sign of that. Either way, it’s a slot machine that plays on our fascination with ancient gods and our notions of mystery, power and sexuality.
Golden Goddess Features
Golden goddess is a 5-reel video slot with a whopping 40 paylines. You can bet from £1 to £40 on each line meaning a maximum bet of £2000 is possible. This means that with a full slate of Golden Goddess symbols, you could win an incredible amount of money.
There is an Autospin feature, allowing streamlined gameplay. Additionally, the slot contains the SuperStacks feature, where adjacent symbols turn into extra-large ones, increasing the probability of a big jackpot win.
The Golden Goddess symbol is also a Wild, which substitutes for any other symbol except the rose. The rose acts as a scatter; you need 9 roses, eg. 3 full columns on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels to trigger the bonus round.
Golden Goddess Bonus Rounds
Once you enter the bonus round, pick one of the symbols; either the horse, dove, Goddess or man symbol. Then, the superstack is unleashed again, and the player is rewarded with 7 free spins. However, unlike other slot bonus rounds, no other bonus symbols appear within the free spins and therefore bonus spins cannot be retriggered.
Golden Goddess Free Play (Demo Game)
Golden Goddess by IGT (International Gaming Technology) can be played for free on many of the best casino websites in order to get a taster. According to UK Gambling Commission licensing codes, the free play slot must function in the exact same manner as the real play game. Therefore, the free play should not be deceptive in the theoretical winnings it pays out. The hypothetical average RTP (Return to Player) of Golden Goddess is between 93.50% and 96%. That gives the house an edge of somewhere between 4-6.5% over an extended period of play.
Why Play Golden Goddess?
Golden Goddess, is an alluring, mythological video slot with a beautiful protagonist set in Ancient Greece. Play in one of these handpicked casinos today.Play now