- Jackpot Win10,000 x bet
- Scatter SymbolYes
- Wild SymbolYes
- Quick SpinNo
- Bet Value£0.20-£200.00
- Max Bet£200
Though Deal or No Deal may not be on our televisions here in the UK anymore, the legend lives on in the cornucopia of online slots and bingo games. You’ll even find a Deal or No Deal game on online casinos that mirrors the actual tv show. You choose a box, and pick the others at random until you have just your box left, or you’ve long since taken a deal with the banker. But on this review, we focus on Deal or No Deal: What’s in the Box? from Microgaming as the franchises’ number one video slot.
The original Deal or No Deal format was created in the Netherlands by Endemol, the media company that licences the slot machine’s rights. The show started in the UK in 2005. It was hosted by Noel Edmunds, a well-known and well-coiffured television personality from the 80s and 90s.
Soon the show became a cultural phenomenon; it was so successful as a daytime programme it was upgraded to primetime. In the last two years, the prize money jackpot was doubled from £250,000 to £500,000 and in all the show lasted 11 years.
The basic premise of Deal or No Deal is that you have a box, and 21 other contestants who also have boxes. Each round, the chosen contestant picks other people’s boxes, hoping to remove the smaller blue prizes from the equation. Then every few picks, the banker will phone Noel Edmunds and make the contestant an offer, based upon a formula of the potential prizes left, that will have the player walking away. For the banker, this is before the contestant has a chance to win the big jackpot.
Deal or No Deal: What’s in your Box is a 5 reel video slot with 20 paylines. The minimum bet is 20p and the maximum bet is £200. The maximum jackpot is a whopping £2 million! The slot has a simple, contemporary feel, though nothing particularly Deal or No Deal-esque to commend it. There is a notably disappointing lack of Noel Edmunds.
The symbols include the usual poker Ace, King, Queen and Jack, a scatter bonus box and a banker’s telephone Wild which substitutes for all symbols except the scatter bonus box.
If you get three or more scatter bonus boxes, then the What’s in your Box bonus is triggered.
The Banker’s Bonus Spin can be triggered randomly during any spin; you’ll notice it when the phone starts to ring and the logo begins to tremble. If triggered, then three of the Deal or No Deal boxes appear and you get to choose one, unlocking one of the following features:
- Random Wilds
- Mystery Symbols
- Respin Streak
- Colossal Symbols
- Bonus Respin
If three or more scatter symbols appear, then the player can gain entry to one of five exciting bonuses. These are:
- Go All the Way Bonus: Here you are led to a room with ladders, where you’ll have the opportunity to pick a box; either Advance Blue, Advance Red, Go all the way Blue, Go all the way Red or Take a Prize.
- Trail of Wealth Bonus: This bonus is split into two stages. In the first, you roll the dice and advance the board picking up Total Bet multipliers, Banker’s Seals and Mystery Wins. Finally, you can collect your winnings from the Mystery position with whatever amount of Bonus winnings you have accrued.
- Seal of Success Bonus: Here you are awarded 10 free spins and accrue extra free spins if you spin 3 banker’s seals.
- Powerplay Bonus
- Deal or No Deal Bonus: This is the big bonus opportunity. You are transported to the Deal or No Deal studio where you get to play an actual game of Deal or No Deal for the chance to win up to 1000x your total bet. This is your chance to really win big, and play the game that you know and love from the television.
- Feature Gamble
There is also a chance to enter the Jackpot King progressive prize network. See the Terms and Conditions on your casino of choice to find out more.
Free Play (Demo Game)
Deal or No Deal, licensed by Endemol, can be played for free on many of the best casino websites. According to UK Gambling Commission licensing codes, the free play slot must function in the exact same manner as the real play game. Therefore, the free play should not be deceptive in the theoretical winnings it pays out. The hypothetical average RTP (Return to Player) of Deal or no Deal: What’s in your Box is 92.542%. That gives the house an edge of 7.458% over extended periods of play.
“Boxes don’t have memories,” Noel used to say. But you do. Though Deal or no Deal may no longer grace our screens, the memories live on in our online casinos. Join one and play today.Play now
Where to Play
100% Welcome Bonus up to €150
* New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
100% up to £100 + 200 Spins
Double your 1st Deposit up to £200